Considering the modern development of online gambling, it is not a matter of choosing where to play. It is more about choosing a casino, which is right for your jurisdiction and payment channel. We’re making this article for users of the Klarna channel of payments for replenishment and withdrawal to and from online venues. This article will help you to choose the best Klarna casino.
What is Klarna?
Klarna is a fintech company, founded in 2005 in Sweden. It today employs over 3,500 people, who mainly work in its two offices: in Berlin, Germany, and Stockholm, Sweden. With the purchase of the Sofort payment system, which was ongoing in 2012-2014, Klarna was able to enter new markets in Europe, broadening its online presence.
The main business of the company today is the provision of online secure payments for the goods and services bought online. It not only offers direct payments from clients’ accounts but also offers the service of ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’, which is a sort of loan with an installment plan. To get this loan, a customer must correspond to some lending requirements, including an acceptable rating. The established yearly interest rate on the provided loans is from 0% to 30%.
Also, it is known for handling various client claims to sellers, which makes it possible to refund payments for unshipped commodities.
The company has been steadily growing since the year of its origination, 2005, although the first feasible products from Klarna appeared on the European market in 2010. Today, it is amongst the leaders of the payment industry of their native country, Sweden, handling about 40% of all online payments there, with a yearly turnover of over 35 billion dollars. The company’s modern market cost is about 42 billion US dollars.
It actively works with various online casinos, which makes it possible today to easily find a good Klarna casino to spend time playing. Today, it is one of the acknowledged Swedish companies, driving the country’s economy. It is widely known on the market on par with Skype, Mojang, and Spotify (these companies, if you didn’t know, also originated in Sweden). Since 2015, the company has been developing on the US market. Since 2020, the company is working on the Chinese market in partnership with Alibaba, also processing online transactions.
Depending on the jurisdiction of your transaction (Europe, the US, Asia, or elsewhere), the commissions for a transaction and online lending will differ. For a simple checkout (a completion of payment transaction), a buyer of goods and services online might pay anywhere around €0.30 + 3.29% of the amount. That would normally include a card-processing fee, established by your bank but since the variety of conditions is high, you should check the exact conditions every time you make payment. To say generally, Klarna is not the cheapest way of online payments.
Klarna casinos list
- Evospin casino. Our best Klarna casino. The list of available currencies includes ZAR, PLN, NOK, CAD, NZD, USD, and EUR. In addition to Klarna, gamers are offered to make payments using these methods: Neosurf, Interac, Rapid Transfer, bank transfer, EcoPayz, Trustly, Neteller, Paysafecard, Skrill, iDebit, and bank cards.
- Jackie Jackpot. Klarna is added up with these extra money-transacting methods: bank cards, bank transfer, Trustly, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, PayPal, Rapid Transfer, GiroPay, Interac, AstroPay, Euteller, EPS, Paysafecard, and NetBanking.
- Wallace Bet. This online venue offers, in addition to Klarna, to deposit funds through JSB, Visa, MasterCard, EcoPayz, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter, and bank transfer. The casino is available only in a handful of languages: German, English, Finnish, and Norwegian. In addition to the offers of a regular casino, gamblers will also find live casino games & sports betting.
Pros and cons of Klarna
To make our current Klarna review more useful, below, we’re exposing Klarna’s pros and cons.
- It handles payments securely, that’s why the company’s product is popular in many online casinos all over the world. It uses up-to-date safety requirements and technologies, like SSL encryption, one-time verification passwords, and other means
- It offers an installment plan of lending, which allows making larger purchases, paying for them later in several installments. No prepayment fees are taken in this scheme. The clients can use the offer even if they have never taken loans before, do not qualify for loan requirements of banks, or have a low established loan credit on their plastic cards
- It is at times possible to receive remuneration from online casinos and other online vendors for the specific usage of Klarna as a payment means
- Klarna periodically runs marketing campaigns to promote its product usage through various likable discounts.
- Its loan installment plan has severe disadvantages. Firstly, Klarna does not report on-time payments to the credit bureaus, it only tells about late payments (which gives no advantage to credit scores of people using the offer but can bring harm). Secondly, loan amounts are rather small, which puts them in no comparison to a bank loan. Thirdly, the company charges a late fee. One of the core earnings of the installment plan business is legal payments, which are taken from non-paying clients, whose cases are taken to courts. Fourthly, people often complain that Klarna Company does not send payment reminders to them beforehand, so they might forget about the day of another payment. And yet another thing – in order to evade charging a yearly interest, a client has to repay the debt faster than in the installment plan, which is not suitable for those people who have gotten used to paying only the minimally required amounts of installments
- There are fears that Klarna’s database entries of its users are being sold since people not directly having a Klarna account receive at times letters from third parties with the offer to use their own or Klarna’s financial products. Those letter receivers might have used the Klarna payment system in the past, not giving consent to preserving their data. Klarna usually denies such accusations
- Some people also tell they have received Klarna’s offers to use their services although people have never given their contact or personal data to Klarna, which raises concerns that Klarna buys their data elsewhere, like from the third parties, which are companions of Klarna in some online businesses. That, however, might be because people themselves agree with the Terms and Conditions of such third parties while using their services or products, whereas the T&C might have a paragraph saying these companies are eligible to transfer client data to third parties. So every user has to be more aware when accepting any T&C of any modern company
- The loan product’s approval rate is only about 19%, so only 1 of 5 people are eligible for Klarna’s loan.
How to choose Klarna casino?
A Klarna casino is one of many modern solutions widely accessible on the gambling market. It is rather easy to find a venue. But if you’re not playing in a venue from our list, then there are several factors of finding a good casino to put your money into, which you have to bear in mind:
- How many years has a casino been in the business at the time being? If it’s over 5 years, then there are hefty chances it is fair, reliable, and safe. If under – then other factors listed down below must take your utmost attention.
- The absence of the negative flow of feedback about this casino online. It’s inevitable that any online casino has negative people’s opinions for various reasons. Including the machinations of competitors, which add to naysayers’ voices. But if there are multiple third-party websites placing the information about some casino’s badness, and they pretty much all say the same negative things, then it is a strong point of pondering about spending your time there.
- The presence of 400+ games of all kinds in its online catalog. Surely, the biggest part of them can be slots (a.k.a. pokies) – that’s okay. But there should be other offers, such as table games, jackpot games, card games, roulette. It would be a good thing if a casino also offers sports bets – thus, it increases its money mass in the turnover, which guarantees uninterrupted payments.
- License. Every reliable gambling venue should be licensed. Otherwise, it formally isn’t allowed to open accounts in banks, e-wallets, and transactional systems, such as Klarna, Sofort, Neteller, Skrill, and others. Without a valid license, it can only be a scam, which makes it interested in stuffing up the pockets of its owners, not caring about fair play or compliance with any gambling standards. Here is a list of some well-recognized gambling licensing jurisdictions, any one of which is nice: Curacao, Malta, Estonia, Sweden, Greece, the UK, Gibraltar, some territories of the US, Canada (like Kahnawake), Alderney, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, Cyprus, Costa Rica, Isle of Man, or Panama.
Summing up Klarna casino
Some customers use an installment loan plan to replenish their gaming balance. But, the same as with any other loan product, you shall never forget about repaying the debt on time so as to avoid unnecessary late fees and the connected deterioration of your credit history. Now you can easily choose the best Klarna casino!