To have fun online, many people resort to gambling. Making bets using real money or playing in a demo mode attracts millions of people all over the globe. In this article, we are telling about Sofort casinos, where you can put your money and extract winnings using a payment system Sofort. We want to tell you more about this system, its nature, features, pros, and cons. Also, down below, we recommend you some best online gaming establishments, which allow using this payment system for transactions.
What is Sofort?
A Sofort is an online payment system, which originated in 2006 in Germany. At first, it was just a branch of a gaming company named Eurosoft. Later on, its main business has been transformed into online payments.
Unlike the systems of online wallets (e-wallets) like Neteller or Skrill, Sofort only provides an opportunity to make online transactions on the Internet to pay for physical or virtual goods and services. It does not have any online wallets, where users could store their money and transfer it to one another. The only way of transferring money is one-way: from a person-buyer to a person or entity-seller.
Depending on what type of goods/service is purchased – virtual or physical – the commission differs. The real merch is changed 0.9% + €0.25 for each transaction. The virtual merch is charged 2% + €0.25 for each transaction. The charge is taken from a seller, not the buyer, so the buyers don’t pay additionally for the usage of the Sofort banking method (although, surely, sellers might increase the cost of their merch for the paid commission. But if they use other methods of payments on their websites, too, then they should make a price the same for all channels to preserve their clients).
Sofort provides a methodology and technical opportunity to pay online using a protected form. In it, a buyer enters the data of a bank (entering its name or BIC code), card number, validity date, PIN, and a unique one-time authentication password, which is received in a message from the bank. Although during the payments through Sofort, the PIN is transferred to a third-party server to identify the card transaction validity (which causes worries of some users), no safety issues have ever actually arisen in this system, as well as the leakage of data. Today, it is a secured means of payment, which makes users directly use their online banking form to make transactions, not some third-party form.
Sofort is generally cheaper than PayPal, for instance, but Sofort does not provide automatic currency conversion (like PayPal offers, as well as other online payment means do), including direct payments via banks (using regular methods of payments via bank cards). Sofort only processes payments in Euros, which makes it inconvenient for people from other territories than the EU (and a handful of other supported countries). It makes this transactional system popular only in about 30 countries of the world.
German Sofort company was acquired by Swedish Klarna company in 2014 and since then, these two systems provide their services under an umbrella of one brand. Klarna has improved the old system of payments, which Sofort provided before the merger to increase the safety and reliability of payments overall.
Sofort casinos list
We’re sharing with you down below some great online Sofort casinos, where you can use Sofort as a means of payment to work with your gaming balance.
- Casino Rex is the first among the Sofort casinos. The website operates in 7 currencies: NOK, AUD, RUB, PLN, CAD, USD, and EUR. The list of acceptable means of account replenishment includes bank cards (Visa, Maestro, MC), Paysafecard, iDeal, Siru, iDebit, Interac, Instadebit, Bank transfer, Skrill, Neteller, Sofort, Trustly, EcoPayz, Neosurf, Entercash, Rapid Transfer, and e-wallets. The list of withdrawal channels is the same, yet some limits (min/max) might differ and there are some changes in the time of operation processing (although some channels remain instant, others require from 1 to 3 banking days to complete). This online gaming venue offers its gamers a generous welcome bonus (up to 1 thousand Euros and 100 free spins). It features slots, live dealer games, jackpot, and table games. A convenient filter system allows finding a game by name, maker, or the history of already played games.
- Sons of Slots. In addition to Sofort, the account transacting systems include Klarna, bank transfer, Jeton, Inovapay, Euteller, Boleto, Neosurf, MuchBetter, Rapid Transfer, Visa, MC, EcoPayz, Skrill, Trustly, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Interac. This gaming venue attracts gamblers with its offer of €500,000 in ‘Drops and Wins’. The list of games includes those, to which users of progressive online casinos have gotten used. In addition, one can find here online sports betting. The venue is available in 6 languages (Korean, Japanese, German, English, Finnish, and Norwegian).
- LVBet casino. It operates in English, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Polish, Norwegian, Hungarian, and Vietnamese languages. The list of available account replenishment options, in addition to Sofort, includes Giropay, Euteller, Neteller, Paysafecard, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, Skrill, Trustly, Interac, Jeton, EPS, Neosurf, Boleto Flash, various bank cards, Lotericas, Pix, CashToCode, transfers from bank accounts, PicPay, and BankDirect.
Pros and cons of Sofort
Just like any other payment or transactional system, the financial system of Sofort has its inherent advantages and disadvantages. They are:
- This system is very convenient for online casinos. The company strives to broaden its gambling services and collaboration with gaming websites (including gambling, online betting, and regular gaming, which, for instance, online streamers play)
- Instantly made operations, which are suitable for all parties in the payment chain (payer, transaction operator, seller, and bank)
- A large number of European and other financial institutions are already connected to Sofort (their number surpass 25 thousand as of the time being)
- A user does not have to create a registered account to pay using Sofort; identification of the transaction is made through entering a few parameters in a payment form on the Internet. So, a user never has to memorize or write down any authentication or password data of a Sofort account. Each next transaction of paying using Sofort is made in the same way – through a new payment form without any registration
- The absence of any hidden payments for a buyer – all possible transactional fees or commissions, if any, are paid by the seller, so a buyer only pays the exact amount indicated in their purchase web page
- Whatever some skeptics say, Sofort today is a safe and reliable means of payment from the position of its technical and technological execution.
- All transactions are made in € only, so if you use other currency, you’re facing a cross-currency exchange rate. Also, not all banks in the world work with Sofort for this and other reasons
- The necessity to transfer a card’s PIN code during a transaction. Although it is made in an encrypted manner, this does not withdraw a possibility of data interception during a transaction, as well as hacking the database of Sofort (the latter, however, has never happened before)
- There is no guarantee that the paid goods/services will actually be delivered to a buyer from a seller and there is no possibility to reverse the payment from the seller if the commodities aren’t shipped. However, there is insurance protection for all transactions, which works between Sofort and insurance companies. So, if the commodities aren’t shipped, a buyer can ask for the refund from Sofort itself and, if true, after a while, the payment is returned by Sofort, not by a seller. In such an imperfect scheme, however, some payments may not be returned
- Risk of chargeback: if a buyer pays in another currency and the transaction is dealt with within more than 1 financial day, the changing cross-currency rates may affect some extra charge withdrawn from a buyer’s account additionally.
How to choose casino with Sofort?
Choosing a good venue to play in might be a tricky task, especially for a novice. Using our guide, you can choose the best casino from all Sofort casinos. If you don’t use a list of venues that we have on the list in our article or on other web pages of our website for some reason, you might find these hints useful:
- Always pick a casino, which operates under a valid and reliable license. Today, there are about 20 reliable jurisdictions in the world, the most widespread of which is Curacao
- Look for a nice welcome bonus that the venue offers. A good place should always give 300 and more Euros to its newcomers as a welcome bounty and offer a few more for recurring deposit replenishments
- There must be 400+ games in general in its catalog and at least 5-7 reliable gaming vendors with loud names, such as Microgaming, ELK Studios, or Thunderkick
- Never underestimate pieces of feedback on third-party websites. If they show a casino badly and tell multiple times about its security or payment issues, you should not go for playing there for real money.
Summing up Sofort casinos
Sofort is a good method of replenishing your account if you live in the Eurozone. It is safe and fast, does not charge its buyers extra, and is considered reliable. We recommend playing in online Sofort casinos.