Finding a good casino on the World Wide Web to spend time in is a hefty task. Especially it’s hard for a novice in this. In this Skrill casinos review, we offer our readers to find out, how they can use their Skrill account to play in online gaming venues.
What is Skrill?
For a start, let’s find out more about Skrill itself: what is it, what does it offer, and what fees it currently has. Since we’re mainly focusing on the Netherland readers, the represented fees down below are shown for the NL users of the Skrill wallets, presuming that transactions are made in Euros.
What is Skrill? It is a UK-based company, which allows its users to open e-wallets to store money on them, send money to other Skrill users domestically and internationally, and pay to various merchants. Skrill also offers the service of international money transfers from the Skrill account or a connected bank card directly to bank accounts in various countries of receivers. Using an e-wallet, one can pay for goods and services in over 120 countries of the world, operating in one or several of 40 represented currencies.
Since the year of its origination (2001), the company has been sold to other buyers or has been purchasing other market participants: in 2007 it was bought by Investcorp; in 2013, it bought Paysafecard; in the same year, it was sold to CVC Capital Partners; in 2015 – to Optimal Payments, a company, which also bought Neteller; in 2015, they bought Ukash. Throughout its history, the company developed from just a digital wallet provider to a provider of many other services. Today, in a separate list of countries (at the moment, they are only in the EEA bloc – a part of the European territory), users may receive bank cards (“Skrill Cards”) to use just as regular cards in brick-and-mortar stores, online, and withdraw cash from ATMs. Just like other users of Skrill, they can pay to an online Skrill casino to replenish the balance and withdraw from it (though, with some limitations).
The fees are different for each country. They can also be a matter of applied currency. Since Skrill operates only 40 currencies but caters to 120+ countries, it is logical that some national currencies are not on the list. Users shall select the most appropriate currency from the list of available ones during their registration to control the applicable fees. It is important to notice that if the punter’s native currency is not on the list, some transactions would require cross-currency exchange commission when one does operations between own Skrill and local means of payment, involving another currency.
Let’s now consider the current fees of Skrill in a pair EUR + the Netherlands (as of November 2021).
- Opening an account is free. There are also three free kinds of operations: paying a merchant for goods/services from one’s Skrill wallet, getting money to the Skrill account, and sending money to a foreign bank from its own wallet.
- To replenish the balance of one’s e-wallet, one pays from 0% to 5%, depending on the channel of the replenishment.
- Withdrawal of funds consumes up to 3.99%.
- Getting a physical plastic card (issued by MasterCard): 10 EUR (+10 EUR annual fee + other applicable fees, for instance, ATM cash withdrawal, which is 1.75%).
- Sending money to someone’s Skrill account: 1.45%-2.99%.
- Making a transfer out of the Skrill system: domestically about 2%, internationally – up to 4.99%.
- If one’s account is dormant for over 6 months, the monthly fee is charged, 5 EUR.
- Cross-currency conversion: 3.99%.
- For buying and selling cryptocurrencies using one’s Skrill wallet, one pays from €0.50 to 1.90%.
- For various other transactions, like a reversal, or specific request-connected ones, users pay from €10 to €150.
Although these fees are not the cheapest in the world, Skrill has broad geography of usage and straightforward smooth processes, so many people in the world resort to Skrill services.
Skrill casinos list
To simplify to our reader the search for a good Skrill casino, we list below some of them. For more information, it’s possible to refer to the list of casinos in this article or throughout our website.
- Betwinner. Being not only an Internet casino but also a place for sports bets, this venue offers a really wide range of depositing and withdrawing methods. Additionally to Skrill, users have over 60 other options, which is really impressive! Amongst them, there are e-wallets, payment systems, self-service terminals, Internet banking, and 40+ cryptocurrencies.
- Emojino. Skrill is among such payment options as Klarna, Bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard, MuchBetter, Neosurf, Jeton, and Mifinity. Min and max limits for transactions are very loyal and transaction time is instant in both directions – in and out. The interface of the venue is fun and bright, with a very vivid mascot, which is a smiling dude as if made of play dough. The list of various games is easy to sort and find by the provider, category, popularity, and name.
- Mega Slot Skrill casino. Other but Skrill methods of this casino include Visa, MasterCard, Trustly, Neteller, Klarna, iDebit, InstaDebit, Interac, NeoSurf, EcoPayz, and Rapid – they are workable for both depositing and withdrawing, although min/max limits might differ. 8 currencies are available. Processing time is either instant or takes from 1 to 3 banking days to complete. The casino features many loud names of gaming providers, which include (but are not limited to) Amatic, Betsoft, EGT, Endorphina, NetEnt, ELK Studios, Wazdan, and many others.
- AmunRa. Egyptian-style online playing house offers such payment methods: Visa & MC, Paysafecard, Trustly, Klarna, Skrill, Neosurf, Neteller, Rapid, Interac, and EcoPayz. Additionally, in the fund withdrawal, it is possible to utilize the bank account crediting. Some operations are instant, others consume from 1 to 5 banking days to complete. Minimal and maximal thresholds for transactions are pretty much the same as in other casinos on the list: from €20 to €1,000-€10,000. Only withdrawal to Paysafecard is limited to €250 max.
Pros and cons of Skrill
Before deciding to go for a Skrill account to play in this or that Skrill casino, one might be interested in becoming acquainted with the unbiased pros and cons of this transactional system.
- It is possible to send money only knowing an e-mail or a phone number of a receiver, which burns down a lot of hindrances, such as knowing the exact account number of a receiver or their full name
- It is very good for cross-border transactions, as they cost zero
- Usage for online gambling is widely encouraged. Some online gambling venues even give bonuses for replenishing an account via Skrill
- Easy and clean interface of e-wallets
- Specifically tuned for the users of cryptocoins, which most other e-wallets don’t
- Full account verification brings security to the top, as it requires not only a copy of a passport but also a driver’s license (if present), a copy of a proof of residence, and a picture of the face of a user.
- Wide geography presupposes that the services should be delivered in pretty much all main languages on the planet. But that’s just not the case with Skrill: only 12 languages and some dialects are available
- A user can’t have an account in more than 1 currency if one’s not a VIP user
- It is vividly costly to purchase and sell cryptocurrencies using Skrill, as the commission of up to 1.90% is not friendly. Although it is possible to pay less on some occasions, most transactions will take 1.90% since it is applied to all transactions above €100. Now think of that – how frequently do you do transactions in crypto that are below €100?
- One can’t register and start making transactions right away – the account shall be verified first, which can take up to 1 working day
- Relatively high commission for transacting between regular Skrill accounts – it is costlier than most other e-wallets or bank cards/accounts (up to 2.99% from the amount sum)
- Dorman account fee is present
- Customer support is not too fast and sometimes, not helpful at all, according to complaints of users.
How to choose a casino with Skrill?
A reliable Skrill casino, where one decides to play for money, should correspond to the set of these criteria (at the same time):
- A working license provided by a reliable jurisdiction.
- Having at least 400 games in its total stash.
- Allowing registration of citizens from thine territory and accepting payments from thine Skrill wallet.
- Not having many bad pieces of feedback about its work, reliability, and financial complaisance (the percentage of bad ones should be no more than 5% in the mass of general feedback).
- It should have at least 5-7 loud-named gaming providers.
If our reader is new to the world of online gambling and finds it hard to sieve through those criteria on their own, then simply resort to the venues positioned on our website to be just fine.
Summing up Skrill Casino
Selecting the right gaming venue to spend time in is important to play in a secure and well-made web place, which caters to the gamers, not to its pocket. If our reader sticks with our offers and information that we provide on our website, they will always be redirected to great and reliable places.